Experience the soothing waters of the Florida Keys as though you were a part of them yourself with our Kayak Eco-Tour.
Tour at a glance:
- Kayak the backcountry waters of Key Largo with an experienced guide
- Discover the intricacies of the mangrove and seagrass habitats
- Learn how you can help protect this delicate ecosystem
- Snorkel among the mangrove roots where you will see horseshoe crabs, sea stars, seahorses and other unique marine life in their natural habitat
- Have a close encounter with manatees or dolphins
- Collect seagrass data for scientists by conducting a seagrass survey led by a local marine biologist
None! This trip will include both a kayaking and snorkeling orientation to get you started, and a biologist guide to lead the way.
Pricing for the kayak trip varies with location, time, etc. To obtain a specific quote, please call us at 1-877-GO-ECO, or email us at email@example.com, with the date and kayak tour you are interested in.
When you purchase any of our tours, you’ll automatically get 10% off a second tour of equal or lesser value. This offer is good for one year from the purchase of the first tour. In addition, kids under 12 years of age get a 10% discount on every tour.
Please call us at 1-877-99-GO-ECO, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, to discuss specific pricing for your tour.
The half-day trip generally starts around 9 a.m. or 1 p.m. and lasts three to four hours depending on your group. We’ll conduct a quick kayaking tutorial for all participants before we embark. Once we reach the snorkel site, snorkeling basics and insights on best places to explore are covered for anyone who wants to get in the water.
Throughout the year, seagrass surveys are periodically conducted to monitor the conditions of local seagrass beds. If you’re interested in participating in the survey, an in-depth tutorial will be held on the kayaks where all tools, protocols, methods and data sheets are explained. Surveyors will always be accompanied in the water by a biologist when conducting a seagrass survey.
You’ll have the opportunity to swim around the mangroves and get a close-up view of their incredible underwater root systems and unique inhabitants. And if conditions allow, your guide may show you how to gently handle some of the sea-critters before returning them to their home and heading back in.
If a half-day of kayaking is just a little too short for your desires, we do offer full-day options upon request as well. These full-day tours give you the opportunity to snorkel at several different locations and provide you with time to kick back and relax on a mangrove island.
We’re also happy to arrange evening kayak tours that will take you along Florida Bay to experience one of the Keys most amazing sites – our sunsets. Once the sun has slipped beneath the horizon, your guide can use a high-powered light to point out constellations in a night sky made bright with hundreds of stars. You can also choose to dock at a local restaurant for a refreshment break.
Please call us at 1-877-99-GO-ECO, or e-mail us at email@example.com, for more information about our tour options.
- Kayak, paddles, mask, snorkel and fins
- Mangrove/seagrass ecology discussion and the opportunity to participate in a seagrass survey
- Local marine biologist kayak guide
- Drinking water
- EcoKeys t-shirt
- Complete gear orientation (both kayak and snorkel)
Everyone who participates in our kayak eco-tour (and seagrass survey) will earn an EcoKeys Research Snorkeler Certificate.